pumpkinhead's Un-Tribute to JRK

Thursday, July 28, 2005

My unflappable fourth post at U.B.

Here it is, the probably final of my essay-type signings at the now-hijacked petition.

MY FOURTH POST AT U.B. Petition

Dear ladies and gentlemen of the jury of JRK:

Since my last post (#383), I have been unable to get online thanks to my wireless internet being down (turns out my brother’s router was unplugged – no kidding). In the mean time, the pathetic bunch of R/H shippers lurking around this petition have attacked me personally and devided my ideas based on as little fact as reason. It has been very funny to go through the recent posts and discover the silly rantings of my (and snowy’s and other true fans’) various ideological opponents. These postings to the petition have been based on ideals and nothing more, not reasoning but love of JRK alone.

One R/H shipper has said, and I quote, “Okay, Pumpkinhead, I wish I could stay polite, but you're not simply delusional, you're completely out of your mind.” If that’s the best you preschool-sized-brained people can say, then why even engage in this debating? I know if might seem hard for you blind wor-shippers to belief, but there is more to this arguments then meer posturing. You see, when in the world of debating one person makes a point about something, his opponents must make a counterpoint and not just lunch insults like they are throwing baseballs.

I don’t understand why you individuals can’t comprehense the rationals behind my statings. Can I slow it down, so you can understand it?

  1. It’s not about who I think should be together. It’s about who we have been lead to belief will be together for the entire series until now. My pointers are about manipulation on the half of the author, and how unsensitive she has been in the direction of her reading populus.
  2. Regardless of what you think is best thanks to your reading of a failed manual script, Harry and Hermione where meant to love. This is a fact that too many people have been willing to right off now that book 6 has come out, and all fans that deny this self palpable truth should be dismembered from the group of fans.

Now, is that so problematic to wrap your heads around? What about that two pointers don’t you find possible to read and take on bored?

In accordance to Cattiibrie: “Pumpkinhead, the only possible thing you can do to keep your self a fan of anything is to only read your own works since you cannot be contented with anything but your own plans.”

Well, Cattiibrie, if that is your real name, you must have NOT READ my entire thesis so far, because as you would have graped by now, this is not about my plans, but about JRK’s plans. In fact, the total subjection of my arguments is that JRK has changed her plans on a whim, ignoring her own canons she crafted in earlier books and blasting them out of the water in book 6, THE HALF BLOOD PIECE of fiction. I call it half blooded because JRK only put a half of effort into it, thanks to the clamming of fans who wanted to see a certain two characters together, no matter what was truth.

And, if I wanted to read only my “own works” (I can only assume you meant my “own words”) then I wouldn’t even be here. What do you have to say to that, Cattiibrie? Probably about as much as you have to say to the fact that Harry and Hermione play on the same Quidditch team at the Burrow, but then don’t get together? Talk about throughing out a red herring.

Speaking of red herrings, can ANYBODY tell me the point of Goblet of Fire now that it has become blatant that Harry and Hermione aren’t going to love? Victor Krum was a huge distraction – it was obvious at the time that he was there just for Harry to feel jealousness about Hermione. Oh, and Cho Chang, apparently her entire point in the series – ie, to make Hermione feel her true depth of effection for Harry – is now not a point at all! I guess that was a complete waisting of character exposition, which is just more evidence that JRK did not change her plot thinking until after book 4, when the R/H shippers started to clog the entire websites with their pleating for laughable twists of story.

Hmmmm, something tells me that the trolls on this website aren’t going to have anything at all to say about what my reply has made so obvious to the unbased reading nation?

If you have something to add to the discussion, then by all ways, please try to type it. Of course, I find it hard to conceive of you breaking past the molds which are already created by ignoring R/H’ers.

Sincerely,

pumpkinhead

23 Comments:

  • Unflappable? Last time I checked, Tiffi had it flying in the breeze! I don't think I've laughed this hard in a long time!

    A word of advice: type your post in Microsoft Word and click on the Spell Check button. You'll be there for hours trying to fix up your mistakes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:12 AM  

  • Hey, pumpkinhead. I have more support on your website than you do!!!

    Ouch.

    That has to hurt.

    Oh well ... that's life I guess. The sane always win over the delusionals ... I notice you haven't addressed my comments. Trying to avoid the truth? Do worry, you'll see it some day.

    As always, your mind is made of mushy pumpkin ...

    Tiffi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:34 AM  

  • Dude. I just read the 'what we believe in' petition whatsit, and HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SUPPORT BOTH????

    The Ultimate Betrayal petiton goes against everything the other says!!

    The 'what we believe in' one was freakin' hilarious however. Some people are incredibly lame.

    *waits for H/Hr shippers to say: "No, YOU'RE lame!"*

    Get over it. Read the special edition Wall of Shame. THAT is beautiful.

    As always, your mind is made of mushy pumpkin ...

    Tiffi

    P.S. Hate me yet?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:52 AM  

  • That special edition Wall of Shame was absolutely classic! Emerson is the man!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:00 AM  

  • rfhwnieuryfcbybcfjhsdbfcjyshdnbchfsdbnjhdffngvjyrbfhyadvuyferg hfuedbfvlaksdjbvfaierbg,mdabvliarebvkadjfb v llifn aeliurf hoq48 ty

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 AM  

  • some times i think this whole thing is a joke but then i see what poeple are saying on the HMS Harmony forums and its only one step behind this so I really don't know anymore.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:12 AM  

  • The fact that this has gone on so long and there are (sadly) a lot of blogs and petitions like this one makes me think that these... people?... are deadly serious. They also can't work out what they really want - take Otter "HOW DARE YOU?!" Snow for instance:

    1. JKR, I want you to rectify this situation in book 7.

    2. Ban book 7!

    The rest of us look at those comments and think, "You dickhead. How can you rectify a situation in a book you're trying to ban?" They're morons. I could say more but I'm saving my rants for the ultimate betrayal petition because it's just so damn funny!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:59 AM  

  • There were a lot of Nazis during WW2, Snowy, does that make them right and the rest of the world wrong?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:04 AM  

  • It's me again, (post 386) and I just wanted to say to Pumkinhead, (if he/she reads this) that I'm NOT a H/R shipper. I'm not a H/H either. In fact, I prefer Harry/Luna and Harry/Ron, but I'm kinda used to H/G now. I just wanted to point this out.

    And I do admit I shouldn't have said "you're completely out of your mind". Oh well. Thanks for the good time, anyway. Trying to reason you is a waste of time, but actually it's quite fun. (worrying, in some ways, but fun) ;-)

    ~Iria

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:52 AM  

  • Hey everyone, I've been at work today, so I haven't had a chance to respond to all your comments yet. You see, some of us have jobs! But no fears, I will be back very soon to address your many issues and your blind faith in JRK instead of my reasoning faith in FACTS.
    sincerely,
    pumpkinhead

    By Blogger pumpkinhead, at 1:22 PM  

  • I like the idea of H/H. I see how nice it be. However, I also like H/R, and I'm sorry, but that has a lot of fairly blatent evidence supporting it.

    For example: you asked where it becomes clear in Goblet of Fire that it's going to be H/R? All over the book! Hermione is mad at Ron for taking so long to notice she's a girl, and he is incredibly jealous of Krum. You don't see Harry being jealous or even having much of an opinion in their debate.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 PM  

  • if you guys are so concerned about Harry and Hermione not dating, go read fanfictions or something. Better yet, write YOUR own version of the story or your own fanfiction to satisfy your needs/fantasy/wants. There is NO need to cause so much commotion just because a 'ship' sunk. The harry potter series was MADE by JK so she can do whatever she wants with it. She has carefully planned this for about 15 years now and it is her plot/story that will be published. There are MANY amazingly written H/Hr fanfictions out there. Fanfiction.net will sure quench your thirst for H/Hr romance.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:36 PM  

  • Snowy, the subject at hand is that you believe there are a lot of militant H/Hr shippers out there (more so than R/Hr shippers) which is totally incorrect. I'm sure there are many many people who are fans of the H/Hr ship, and good for them, they can go for whatever ship they want, but it's the militant ones like yourself and pumpkinhead that are giving other H/Hr shippers a bad name. You say there are so many of you, so you must be right - there are even more R/Hr shippers out there, and JKR has PROVEN them right. My Nazi comment was an analogy of the current situation (and a damn good one at that, seeing as you're acting like a Nazi). If you were as smart as you claim to be, you would have already known this!

    As for that word, I admit I was wrong (I didn't scroll down far enough). At least I can admit when I'm wrong. You, obviously, cannot admit that you are wrong. You still haven't provided us with evidence supporting the H/Hr ship, whereas many of us have been quoting various sections from 'Goblet of Fire'. Still believe that Harry and Hermione are "destined to be together"?

    "'We're friends. She's not my girlfriend and she never has been. It's just that Skeeter woman making things up.'

    'Hermy-own-ninny talks about you very often,' said Krum, looking suspiciously at Harry.

    'Yeah,' said Harry, 'because we're FRIENDS.'

    ...'You haff never ... you haff not...'

    'No,' said Harry, very firmly."

    That quote alone speaks volumes for the R/Hr shippers.

    Come on, we're waiting for your "evidence" now!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:16 PM  

  • Oh, and a big AMEN to Phoenix Star and Hermione Weasley for their comments - if we're lucky, Snowy might actually take them to heart! Wait, no... that would be wishful thinking.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 PM  

  • I'm still not seeing any proof that Harmony was ever more evident then Ron/Hermione... as I said before Snowy and Pumpkinhead are just stating everything like it's a FACT and not giving us much proof :\

    Harry and Hermione played on the same team once? Wasn't it because Harry's extremely good and Hermione is horrible at playing let alone riding a broom?

    It's a bit sad you guys can't see the TRUE meaning of the books (ex. she wanted to balance out the teams, not tell everyone that playing on a Quidditch team with someone means you're in love with them...)

    She isn't writing a romance novel and making every sentance a hint to the next romance.

    And that meeting with Hermione was proof that Harry had no feelings for Hermione. He didn't even think "oh crap I'm bringing the girl I have the biggest crush on to meet another girl I like..." which I'm sure he would have if he had really had any feelings for Hermione... That was more proof that Ron was the one with feelings for Hermione, not Harry. Plus what about those Krum vs Ron hints? I think it's a bit obvious that she was hinting towards Ron and Hermione in book 4...

    And no I meant your own WORKS a.k.a Write your own books... then read your own books.

    Of course I had to say that, if you were doing that then I wouldn't have said that. Thanks for elaberating on what I said...

    And that's what I have to say :D Thanks for asking!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:24 PM  

  • Emerson > JKR bashers

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 AM  

  • Once again, we have to wonder where Pumpkinhead has disappeared to. While Snowy has since come out of hiding, it appears that Pumpkinhead is still MIA. Could it be that he does not have a reply to those who are currently proving him very much wrong. In fact, could it be that he has dropped his ridiculous crusade altogether? That he has finally acknowledged that, even if he is opposed to Ron/Hermione, he has, however, realised that with the astounding evidence against Harmony that his website is now utterly pointless? Could well be the case. In which case, we at The Good Fight For Sanity should therefore celebrate the loss of one of Snowy's closest allies.

    SUPPORT BOOK 7

    ALL HAIL MISS TRISH, TIFFI, THE GREY LADY, JONATHAN AND EMERSON: LEADERS OF THE GOOD FIGHT FOR SANITY

    •Emerson's Thugs Rock On Forever•

    COME BACK PUMPKINHEAD! WE NEED SOMEONE TO LAUGH AT!

    RID THE INTERNET OF LUNATICS

    Give Snowy hell from us Peeves...

    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/loyalty_to_emerson

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 AM  

  • pumpkinhead, I seriously doubt any of these R/Hr chuckleheads have jobs, seeing that some of them don't even understand a simple word like "signer."

    Just goes to show how our educational system has gone down the toilet. *sigh*

    It would be nice to actually have some COMPETENT people around here to debate with, but sadly this is not the case.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:34 AM  

  • Snowy, not only do I go to a prestigious university, I also hold down not one, but two jobs. I'm also so incredibly smart that I can find other ways to insult people rather than repeating the same insult over and over again. "Trish signer"? You really think anyone actually cares about the "signer saga" when it happened so long ago? Get with the times, and give us some proof of your ship!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:07 PM  

  • "Harry and Hermione are very platonic [platonic means nonsexual] friends. But I won't answer for anyone else. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink." -- From a National Press Club Luncheon chat with JK Rowling, October 1999)

    There you go, pumpkinhead. Proof that 1.) Harry and Hermione were not meant to love, and 2.) that JKR has had this in the works for a long time, and did not change her plans on a whim.

    Also, how can you attack the Herons on the Ultimate Betrayal petition for posting arguments not "based on reasoning", and defend Otter "HOW DARE YOU" Snow (whose arguments merely consist of "you have a stupid name", "you're the one who's delusional", "you're a fucking whore", and "you don't know what signer means")?

    Also, that person who said "Okay, Pumpkinhead, I wish I could stay polite..." didn't just leave it at that. They had some rather convincing arguments, but unfortunately, you chose to ignore them, just as you choose to ignore the, yes, i'm going to say it, "ANVIL-SIZED HINTS" for a Ron/Hermione romance.

    Maybe, one day, you'll see that it is, and has always been, Ron and Hermione. But until then, we will all mock you to our hearts' content.

    -Colleen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:09 AM  

  • Pumpkinhead, I have yet to see you make a single argument saying either a) why you supported Harmony or b) why the events in HBP contradicted any canon from the books/ interviews. Your comments seem to consist of:

    1) I am so right and you are so wrong.
    2) Yuo uses crap grammer liek whoa!
    3) Fuck you.

    Sorry, but I refuse to engage in conversation with someone who wont even address the points which I make in return.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:52 PM  

  • The H/K relationship? Why, to show Ron jealous and Herm maturing. Duh. Who said it would have jack to do with H/Hr?

    By Blogger Jonn Wood, at 8:20 PM  

  • like tumbler and tipsy days hopefully we will remain in high spirits. well, good day

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home